Today in our Pastors meeting I asked how many are pulling for the Dallas Mavericks and all but 2 were rooting for the Mavs. Last night, when I should have been sleeping, I was thinking WHY do I want the Mavs to win. Not to change any one's mind but simply to tell you why I do NOT want Miami to win. Enjoy.
1) Being a Lakers fan, you always want a team from the West to beat the Team from the East.
2) LeBron celebrates too early. He hasn't won YET! If he wins, let him cheer all he wants. His celebrating in front of Dallas' bench was classless. If you had ever played basketball, this is a NO-NO.
For what it's worth. I think LeBron is one of the greatest athletes in the WORLD. He is an amazing talent. That is NOT the issue. It's the extreme celebrating before the season even started and it's something I never saw in Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird or Michael Jordan. Yes I saw Magic Johnson celebrate. But it was a JOYOUS celebration of sheer happiness. Not the type of stuff we see going on today.
3) My son's name is Dallas. ENOUGH SAID.
4) Some of my favorite Pastors are from the Dallas area. This may not be important to you, but hey, it's my blog. Chris Seidman, Rick Atchley, T.D. Jakes, Caleb Kaltenbach, Drew Sherman, Barry Cameron, Jack Graham and Ed Young Jr.
5) Reason number 5 is "DIRK"
6) The head Coach of Dallas is losing his hair. I LOVE THAT!!!!
7) Blue is my favorite color. (Besides Purple and Gold)
8) Mark Cuban is finally being quiet.
9) The Cowboys have been so bad for so long, it's nice for that city to have something to cheer about.
10) Dallas has better BBQ than Miami.