Follow by Email

Friday, September 17, 2010

THIS IS INSANE


This stuff drives me crazy....

We have to get this system fixed. Don't we have ANYBODY who can run for office and stop the wasteful spending and get rid of all the red tape. I believe that God has called us to be STEWARDS of all of our resources.

I saw this article today and wanted to share it with you. I know Wendy Greuel is doing a great job. Pray for her for she knows we need to fix all these problems, but she can't do it on her own. According to this report, it's taking 2 million dollars to create ONE job.

Here's the article. It's INSANE!!!

The Los Angeles City Controller said on Thursday the city's use of its share of the $800 billion federal stimulus fund has been disappointing.

The city received $111 million in stimulus under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) approved by the Congress more than year ago.

"I'm disappointed that we've only created or retained 55 jobs after receiving $111 million," says Wendy Greuel, the city's controller, while releasing an audit report.
"With our local unemployment rate over 12% we need to do a better job cutting red tape and putting Angelenos back to work,” she added.

According to the report, the Los Angeles Department of Public Works generated only 45.46 jobs (the fraction of a job created or retained correlates to the number of actual hours works) after receiving $70.65 million, while the target was 238 jobs.

The audit says the numbers were disappointing due to bureaucratic red tape, absence of competitive bidding for projects in private sectors, inappropriate tracking of stimulus money and a laxity in bringing out timely job reports.

“While it doesn’t appear that any of the ARRA funds were misspent, the City needs to do a better job expediting the process and creating jobs,” she said

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Can't leave Tweet response to Rahab -- wanted to comment as far as Upcoming Sermon Title-- Don't judge the faith by it's cover or Faith In Action -- not coincidentally
has my life/faith mirrored your sermons either DIRECTLY pre-ceding or post-delivery -- two Sundays was enuf to keep me away last Sunday however I feel comfortable with Rahabs call to faith -- I will be there eager to hear what saith The Lord-- when you preach Job-- I'm out! Anyway
That's my take --it's also been my last trying weeks -- see if
the annointing meets up--
Peace--
D

Jeff Perrin said...

Don't let it drive you tooooo crazy. Our political leaders feel they have more need for our money than we do, not only is this the case locally but reaches further than that. Our Government is pushing toward a society totally dependent on Government, sound familiar?
The only thing we should be dependent on is Jesus Christ!
These folks are supposed to be intelligent folks, if i ran my business like they run our city i would be needing to come and live with you.....hahahaha

Jeff Perrin said...

I was over at the construction site yesterday taking progress pictures for Ray Branth and just wanted to say, if anyone is not on board, not sure what is going on....meet me at the site and we will throw a hard hat on you and show you this vision.... I WAS BLOWN AWAY at the progress and wanted to let any one know, just come out and walk the construction site, by the end if you are not feeling Miracle in the making then there is something wrong with you.....just kidding
Lets be Insane for Christ.

Jeff Perrin said...

Is anyone else feeling the pull of the Holy Spirit since we started this new series??
Seems to me that i have a contentment i never had before, not that i do not care about stuff it's just my focus is different, it's always on Jesus...no matter what, i simply do not have the stress of stuff bugging me any longer, my faith is enough and his Grace will always prevail over any situation going on in my life....