Follow by Email

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Pastor Scott... Missing My Dear Friend Today


Dear Scott,

I miss you, my dear friend. Life is still NOT the same without you. The valley needs your touch, your joy, your prayers, your smile and your charisma. I wish I could be like you in this life and with you in the next life. Today, I visited your burial site. It is sooooooooo beautiful. It is up on this hill, in the midst of trees down below. Every so often, I have stopped to see you, to reflect on who you were and what you meant to me and what you meant to this city. So much has happened in such a short period of time. You would be pleased with the outreach the Church on the Way has with the Latino community. Over HALF of all the babies born in our city are now of Latino decent. It has been miraculous to see the outreach COTW is having in this area. It is the future of our city, and they are poised to be THE church who reaches this group of people.

Your family and heritage continue to grow, and your children would CAUSE you to have a constant smile upon your face. They are difference makers just like their father, and the last time I talked with your sweet wife, she had such confidence in the purposes and plan of God.

Today as I visited your burial site, I noticed that you are buried between two ladies. Florence Jorgenson to your left lived to be 85 years of age, and Mary Wilkens to your right lived to be 84. I was contemplating how your 49 years seem so brief and so unfair to me, but I must remind myself of how God's plans are much more noble and much higher than mine. In HIM DO I TRUST -- completely, fully, without hesitation.

One other thing I thought about is the fact that since your passing, there have been many more advances in the world of technology. We now have social networking sites, like Facebook, Twitter and various blogs, and I was thinking this morning how I know you would be using these tools to advance the Kingdom of God, like the Apostle Paul, "becoming all things to all people, so that by all possible means I might win some." And I hope you don't mind me taking a moment and using all these tools to remind people of how GREAT A MAN YOU WERE.

You loved God, you loved your family, you loved being a vessel, and you loved the lost. You were full of life, full of the Spirit of God, full of energy and full of love for the Bride of Christ, the Church. I pray that we will never forget your name, your presence, your spirit, your uplifted hands, your ability to lead people to a deeper state of spirituality. You caused us to WANT the deeper things of God.

Scott, I love and miss you. Please know that we will do our best to carry on the work of the Lord. You are in that GREAT CROWD OF WITNESSES, and one day we will be united, and what a reunion that will be! On that day, we will see Jesus face to face... TOGETHER!

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Pastor Dudley,
Thank you so much for always remembering Scott Bauer and always writing such beautiful words about him. We miss him tremendously and always will and we weren't even close friends of his as you were, but just members of his congregation. His energy and excitement when he preached the word of God was something I miss the most. I still play his tapes just to hear his voice and hear his preachings. He was a true man of God. I hear that same quality in your preachings also, such excitement, such energy and the urgency in your voice to spread the word.
You were truly blessed to have him as your friend as he was to have you as his. I still remember when you spoke at his memorial service, you spoke of such great love for Pastor Scott and shared of your friendship with him with all of us and we somehow we felt closer to Scott through what you shared of your great friend and I thank you for that.
I personally for a long time had a very difficult time trying to understand why Pastor Scott had to be taken from us so quickly and at such a young age, but remind myself to trust in God and not try to make sense of it and just put my faith in Him, knowing He does have a plan and it's not for me to question.
We will continue to pray for you, Pastor Dudley, each and everyday and the great work that you do each and every day in the San Fernando Valley, as well as all over the world through tv , radio and in your travels. We love you, we thank you and God bless you.
Priscilla Hernandez & Family

kimberly charter said...

Pastor Dudley I thank you for the thoughts about Pastor Scott. Not one day has passed that I have not thought about how life has changed since he has been gone. Maybe that is why he has to leave to have us be stronger for what God wants to be done. Thank you for carrying on the way you have. We miss him too often, but you are doing a great job of carrying on
Bless you for all you do and God will carry the burdens.

kimberly charter said...

Bless you for remembering Pastor Scott. Not sure why today. Pray your not feeling alone. Pastor Scott would be proud of who you are and what you have done to futher the witness in the valley. There has not been a day that passes that I don't wonder what would of been different had he not gone. Bless you for carrying on!
Kimberly

Chris said...

Thanks for reminding us of the grace of Scott G. Bauer
Chris Stanton

jojo said...

Pastor Dudley, I can't thank you enough for your blog. After watching the video from Budapest, I contemplated a visit there to tell people about the love of God in Jesus Christ. Not sure that is exactly what the Lord is calling me to at this time in my life, but I am tempted! I check in on your blog from time to time and I am encouraged. Thank you.
Like you, I will never forget Pastor Scott! Never! He was an inspiration to all of us at COTW and touched the lives of people around the world because of his love for Jesus. No one ever got the word of God into my life and heart like he did. I was a "wreck" for so many years after he died. I never stopped loving the Lord, but Pastor Scott's death and other circumstances as well, caused the brakes to slam and lock in my life. I was in a kind of fog if you will, that didn't lift for a long time. As the months and years past, I find myself a little disappointed that we don't remember him and speak of him more, so I check in on your blog :)
Where are his sermons? How do we get them out there? In my opinion, I believe that he could still be touching lives. When I think about those who are just as revered in death (and sometimes more)as in life, then where is Pastor Scott's life work and ministry? Did all that love and passion for getting God's word into us, need to die with him? He came into our lives, and lead us to the Truth week after week, counseled us, befriended us, encouraged us, challenged us, strengthened us, loved us, enjoyed us, ministered to us, even played a little softball with us...now he's spoken of so little. He is with Jesus now, I know, and we have grieved and move on with the business of life, is it time to revive Pastor Scott's messages somehow. I would help! Anyway, didn't intend to go there when I started, just wanted to thank you for keeping his memory alive,bless you. Jeanne Geidel-Neal