Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A little about a lot


First, I am still on cloud 9 over the 4th of July services. Notes continue to stream in from the public thanking us for the fireworks and services. Hats off to my staff who continues to go BEYOND the call of duty in serving and loving on behalf of Jesus.

We are currently in a series called, "I heard it Through the Grapevine," and we have three messages left beginning this weekend. The message, "Rumor has it... We were ONCE a Christian Nation," was a much needed message, and I want to encourage you to pick up a copy of this sermon if you were not present this past weekend.

Many have asked if they can buy a copy of the FLAG VIDEO that preceded this week's message, and I want to let you know that it will be available this weekend at the Call On Jesus counter, or you can purchase it online at http://www.callonjesus.com/

Today is the service for Michael Jackson. I am soooooooooooo torn on my feelings. I know that he was a great entertainer but forgive me for NOT being able to seperate his music from the life he lived and from things that I have seen and heard HIM say on videos. I am all for honoring people for their accompishments. I really am. I also understand the world and the media focusing on his life, and it's tragic anytime anyone dies and I wish he were still alive.

But I just want to remind everyone that there is ONLY ONE KING.
It's not Michael Jackson and it's not Elvis and it's not Lebron James.

Jesus Christ is the KING of KINGS, and he is NOT dead, He is alive, He has risen from the dead, and if you put your trust in HIM you will have EVERLASTING life.

Don't forget August is the month that I usually take a couple of weeks for vacation and a couple of weeks where I am working to plan the next year's theme and sermons. It is imperative that you remain faithful and keeping supporting the church and its mission.

We also are having a Revival this fall, and you will hear more of this in September. Start praying now that God would have a special blessing for our church this fall.

And as I close, do NOT forget to put your trust in GOD and NEVER IN MAN. Be blessed in all you do.

5 comments:

Caleb Kaltenbach said...

One of the best lines in the MJ memorial service was: "The king of pop must now bow his knee to the King of Kings."

Little Lotte said...

I believe it was Martin Luther King III was the one that said something along the lines of, "Even the king must kneel before the King of Kings.."

Your post really hit the nail on the head. Nice.

jeff perrin said...

Could you imagine what our world would be like if people put as much love, time and energy into the one and only real king.... We would be a blessed nation once again....
I was listening to everyone yesterday talk about Jesus, talk about God, talk about life in heaven but i never heard of anyone taking Michael to Betty Ford, was he that above everyone or was it that folks did not want to ruin a good thing.... Very strange that folks would drive hours to stand in front of the Staples Center but they cannot go to Church on Sunday.
We give huge respect for being a great entertainer but we do not give huge respect for our one and true King, Jesus Christ....
Wear a Glove but not a cross...
Be you own boss but be careful when the moss grows on that old body still in the dirt....
Have people completely gone mad....
We find time for what we want to serve the question is what are you serving????

elm said...

Preacher, that sermon last week-end was "one more good one!" I didn't attend the services at church since I cannot walk long distances and the shuttles were not running, but I had it on my computer Saturday night and also listened to it again Sunday at the 10:00 service. It is in my heart to get the DVDs and send one to the ACLU and one to the president. I am sure they have forgotten, or maybe never did know, that our nation was Godly founded. NOT freedom from religion, but freedom OF religion! I really love it when you "tell it like it is!" I thank God every day that He led me to this Bible preaching, knowledgeable church. Boy, am I ever going to miss you during August, but I'll be there, no matter what! (As long as the shuttles are running, that is)! elm

Jaycee said...

Hello Pastor Dudley,

That is so PERFECT!! JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY KING I know as well.

Jaycee