Follow by Email

Monday, August 25, 2008

Me and Yao



I am looking at this picture, and this is an illustration of sooooooooo many things, but let me simply state that I came away from China with a burdened heart. There are 1.3 billion people in that country, and most of the population have NEVER heard a clear presentation of the Gospel. I am praying that God would burden all of our hearts to get OUT of our COMFORT ZONES and do something that will really make a difference in someone else's life.

It doesn't seem right or fair that so many of us have heard the gospel 1,000 times, and yet so many have yet to hear it even ONCE. Lord, please give us eyes to see that there is something we could do, if we were ONLY motivated enough to do it, to share the love of Jesus with the world.

1 comment:

Mark Miller said...

Dudley,

The picture reminds me of when you played in college - always wanting the ball!!!

It's great seeing the pictures and geting a glimpse of what you and the group from Shepherd did while in Beijing. I have a real heart and interest for China, especially since our daughter Leslie has begun her third year teaching there. I've been amazed at how God has opened up opportunties for her to share her faith and begin Bible studies for believers and seekers. I've been there once and I'm planning to return in March. It is so encouraging to see how Shepherd seized the opportunity to share the gospel with boldness.

Love you,
Mark Miller