Follow by Email

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Headed to China

Joseph, the pilot

Sharing Jesus with Billy and his mama

Olympic countdown with a future Olympian

Overlooking Hong Kong from the Intercontinental Hotel

I am so excited to be headed to the Olympics and wanted to write a few posts from time to time.

I am preaching this weekend in the Philippines and then afterwards, I will be flying to Beijing. First, I stopped in Hong Kong for just a few days, and lo and behold, on my flight over, one of the girls that I coach (on my 12 year old daughter, Kerri's, basketball team) was on the same flight. Her father, Joseph, was the ACTUAL pilot of the 747, and he invited me up to the cockpit for a picture. I do NOT know why he wouldn't let me fly the plane, but it was a smooth flight, and we landed safely. Last night, we ate dinner at the Intercontinental Hotel, where we enjoyed a breathtaking view overlooking the city of Hong Kong. It is a beautiful city.

I had the chance to witness to several people. The first is a boy named Billy, and GOD ORDAINED, that he and his mother would sit down next to me at a small table in a mall. We became friends. He was happy to talk to me in English. He had learned it in school, but I do NOT know if he had ever actually used it in conversation with someone from America. We talked about a lot of things and then I asked him about faith. And like so many people, actually millions upon millions, they do not have faith in God. They do not believe in God, they do not believe in heaven. They do not know Jesus or anything about Jesus.

So I asked Billy if I could take his picture and I told him that I would post it on my blog. He is a super young man and I explained to him about God's Son, and I pray that God would use Billy one day to win millions to the Lord in Hong Kong.

Today, I will actually be flying to Manila, and then flying to a city called Iloilo and preaching in a city called Bakolod on Sunday. I hope to write more later.

I heard William Lee preached an awesome sermon this past weekend. I listened to some of it on http://www.callonjesus.com/ and told William if I wasn't saved, I would have gotten saved after listening to his sermon.

Pray for me! That the Lord would be honored this weekend through my message.

3 comments:

nellen3651 said...

Pastor Dudley, I am so excited you added to your blog so quickly. Being new in church I like to stay close to the "Daddy Duck." Thanks for asking my prayers and I promise to read, sow and water my crops. I MISS YOU!!

P 31 said...

Dear Pastor Dudley,

Hello from the City of Smiles, Bacolod! My husband, Bim and I are so blessed to have met you and that God's annointed message through you yesterday at Ikthus touched so many hearts! If your visit with us was Rodel and Maryann's miracle dream come true, your presence was a tremendous blessing for all of us here. Please be assured that you have a family here in Bacolod praying for you. We bless you with more strength, boldness, and enthusiasm for the Lord! May God bless your trip to Beijing! Blessings!
Jenny with Bim and children (CJ, Jed, Daisy and Caila)

Katie Curtis said...

Well it sounds as though Bacolad was a tremendous success amd that God is working in everything you do. I am so pleased that so many are hearing the message through you. The Holy Spirit has an uncanny way of making people feel as you are talking straight to them, even in a room of 1000.

With great love and admiration from one who was saved @ Shepherd 10 years ago while working my second year of the Passion Play.

Katie Curtis