Follow by Email

Friday, July 11, 2008

This is NOT fiction!!!


This week, a man sued Zondervan for 60 million dollars because the passages in the bible against homosexuality caused him anxiety and undue stress.
The purpose of the Bible is JUST THE OPPOSITE. The purpose of the Bible is to set us free from all the things (sins) that enslave us and to allow us to begin anew with HOPE and a PROMISE for the future.
The United States of America continues to slide futher and futher away from God. I was sent a quote today that I had to post.... A.W. Tozer said, “If Christianity is to receive a rejuvenation, it must be by other means than any now being used. If the Church in the second half of this century is to recover from the injuries she suffered in the first half, there must appear a new type of preacher. The proper, ruler-of-the-synagogue type will never do. Neither will the priestly type of man who carries out his duties, takes his pay and asks no questions, nor the smooth-talking pastoral type who knows how to make the Christian religion acceptable to everyone. All these have been tried and found wanting. Another kind of religious leader must arise among us. He must be of the old prophet type, a man who has seen visions of God and has heard a voice from the Throne. When he comes (and I pray God there will be not one but many), he will stand in flat contradiction to everything our smirking, smooth civilization holds dear. He will contradict, denounce and protest in the name of God and will earn the hatred and opposition of a large segment of Christendom. Such a man is likely to be lean, rugged, blunt-spoken and a little bit angry with the world. He will love Christ and the souls of men to the point of willingness to die for the glory of the One and the salvation of the other. But he will fear nothing that breathes with mortal breath.” Lets pray for such leaders to arise from our pulpits across America -- men alive and on fire for God, fearless men leading fearless people in standing and speaking and doing what is right and just before God.
Anyone want to stand in the gap??????

5 comments:

Adam Gonnerman said...

I heard about that suit. That poor guy's case will be dismissed for sure. The first amendment still stands in the United States, and I don't think it is under any particular threat in this instance.

elm said...

Pastor, I just want you to know that I thank God just about every day (I nearly said every day)for you and your preaching from the Bible! I have many of your sermons on audio tape and on CDs that I listen to over and over because they have meant so much to me. The world is so different now than when I was a child. It is mind-boggling to see the things taking place in this day and age that weren't even thought about back then. Some years ago, I worked in the County Clerk's Office issuing marriage licenses. I cannot imagine having to issue a marriage license to homosexuals! That would be the day I would have to ask for a transfer to some other office, or quit! The world needs preachers like you who are not afraid to stand up for morals! Thank you so much! elm

WordCutter said...

What about SB200 in Colorado which became law July 1 which pretty much outlaws the Bible? You better read about it, and fast.

Sierra Townes said...

HI Pastor Dudley,
I hav been attending Shepherd of the Hills since i was 4 years old, and i am GREATLY blessed to go to this church! You hav a GREAT way of explaining things, and hav opened my eyes to God's wonder even more. Thank you for preaching to me and my family, ALSO baptising me, my baby sister, and my mom. Thanks again for all your help in the past and present with your messages. But i hav some questions i would like you to answer...please email me when you recieve this. Thank you and God Bless...

Love,
Sierra Townes

Graziadio said...

We all need to be ready for battle. What about a "Take Action" type of ministry at SOTH lobby desk where members can be assisted to sign petitions, email officials, and find out on a weekly basis what we need to/must do. For example: www.focusaction.org or www.citizenlink.org from Dr. Dobson's website.