Follow by Email

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joshua Weaver


Many of you have asked about our good friend, Joshua Weaver. Joshua is a dear man of God, who at one time was our lead worship pastor here at Shepherd of the Hills Church. He has battled cancer and other health issues, and continues to fight on. I recently went over to his home and watched one of the Laker playoff games. I'm not sure, but Joshua might be the number one Laker fan in Los Angeles. It was an honor to spend some time with Joshua because of his sweet spirit and his love for the Lord.

Those of you who are new to our church have missed the incredible gift of worship leading that Joshua brings to the table. He came to our church during a critical time and carried the mantle of leadership with class and dignity. His mark remains in our church because the standard to lead and sing carries with it a high responsibility, and he instilled this standard into our worship teams. Joshua continues to be a man of God, and although he is not currently leading any of our worship services, we are praying that one day in the future, God will restore his health fully and completely.

I want you to know that Joshua has completely conquered the cancer that once had its grip on him, and because of that, we REJOICE. He does, however, continue to have other health issues, and I hope you will join me in praying for him. Joshua has the most positive spirit, and we are convinced that God has great plans for him during the next years of his life. Even though there are a few hurdles, Joshua KNOWS that all things work for the GOOD for those who love the Lord.

Please continue to lift up this MAN of GOD in your prayers, and if you've never heard him lead worship, you can pick up his C.D. entitled, "We Come to Praise Him," at the Praises bookstore.
You will then understand the incredible gift of music that God has placed within him, and you will understand my statement when I tell you... you don't know what you're missing... by not knowing this dear brother in the Lord.

Joshua..... we love you......

8 comments:

Ash said...

God is truely all pervasive but the presence of God can be felt in the pure heart of man

Did you submit your site at blogsearch.sg?

You can reach blogsearch by just typing blogsearch.sg in your browser window or click here

SeaLifeLover said...

We love you, Joshua! I will be praying for you...

Equine said...

I'm thrilled to hear Joshua is doing well and pray often for his healing. I remember the days of worship when I first joined Shepherd and although Tom, Mike, and Christina are wonderful - It was Joshua that brought me to love contemporary worship. God blesses those who praise Him - and Joshua has Many more blessings yet to come!

elm said...

Joshua has always been close to my heart. I have an ex-daughter-in-law who is battling metaplastic breast cancer. Joshua has been such an inspiration to me in that I know that prayer is answered. elm

John said...

Dudley, I really enjoy keeping up with you and the church through your blog and the website. Josh - I'm so glad to hear that you have beaten cancer, and I will continue to pray for you with regard to any other health issues you are dealing with. The time I served on the worship team with you is a most treasured part of my life. We had a very special group of people that came together to serve the Lord. It was an awesome time for the church and for the people involved in the worship team as well. Keep up the good fight, brother! Love you... John (Holmes)

DOLLY said...

Thanks Pastor Dudley for updating us, we've often wonder about Joshua's condition. We attended his Prayer worship few years ago, we bought his CD and still listen to it to this very day, even copied it to the IPOD so, we are able to listen wherever we go. He has touched so many lives including ours. It will bring grat pleasure and joy in our hearts to hear him sing again. We will continue to pray for him.

Ava said...

I just want to thank you for posting such a postive article about my uncle. Joshua; my uncle was one of the strongest men I've ever known. If he were here right now he would be so appreciative of what everyone (including you) has done for him and my dear Aunt Irene. Thank You so much!

Sincerely,
Ava Gardner

Preta said...

Five years later, now watching Mr. Weaver on the t.v. show 'The Last Hour' with David Chagall. Uplifting singing. That's for this article and continued blessings to you and yours.