Follow by Email

Friday, March 23, 2007

Ephesians 4:11-16


This weekend I will be preaching from Ephesians 4:11-16. We are moving from the TREASURE section to the TALENT section of the year. I want to encourage you to read through Ephesians 4 and plan on joining us this weekend.

There is soooooooooooooooooooooo much going on with the Passion Play upon us, and all of the work that is needed for Easter at Pauley, that I just want to ask you again to be in prayer concerning the next several weeks. I am very excited about what God is doing in our midst. I have seen people truly give the reins of their lives over to Jesus Christ. Visible transformation is a sign that God is at work.

Will you please pause .................. this very moment ............... and ask God to work mightily these next couple of weeks as we prepare to tell the world about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Looking forward to seeing each of you this coming weekend.

5 comments:

brianohlee said...

Will you be able to make Dallas' game this Sat?

Easter at Pauley will be awesome. Let's hope there'll be a new championship banner hanging from the rafters for Easter service!

Vishal said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Go Bruins!

sam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PASTOR DUDLEY! Thanks for everything and great message today on serving. It opened my eyes to a lot of things.

Bruins in the final four...it's going to be interesting to see how they do against the Gators.

Well, hope you had a great day yesterday and God Bless.

Motu said...

That was a great message you gave this weekend Pastor Dudley. And a Happy Birthday to you too!!

Jeris Spencer said...

Pastor Dudley,
Thank you so much for your sermon Sunday and encouraging believers to use their gifts, and talents to edify the Body of Christ. I just have a couple of comments and questions. First, we know from the bible that there is no ungifted believers, as a matter of fact, you listed some of the gifts on Sunday. However, I have discovered over the years that many Christians have trouble discovering just what Spiritual Gift(s) they possess. They also have trouble determining what is a Spiritual Gift and what is a natural talent. Unbelievers have natural talent as well as believers...so how do they differ.
I think it is important to help Christians to know just how God has gifted them for works. If we do not, not only do we end up with immature Christians, but we also end up with frustrated Christians because they are not operating in their particular gift(s).
I had the privilege of teaching a Team Ministry Spiritual Gifts Workshop at my church in San Diego prior to moving to Porter Ranch. I can tell you I was amazed at how we got to recognize our gifts and talents, how we became encouraged, how we started to mature and encourage others, and more importantly, how when operating in your particular gift(s)granted by the Holy Spirit, we were empowered to serve tirelessly within the framework of the body of Christ.
If you are interested, I would recommend that you read "Team Ministry", a Guide to Spiritual Gifts and Lay Involvement, by Larry Gilbert. I would be happy to lend you my copy.
Jeris Spencer