Follow by Email

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Looking back over 2006



It's been a remarkable year at Shepherd of the Hills Church.

Where do I begin?

First and foremost our theme for the year...HOUSE OF PRAYER.

I look back over all the sermons, the Pillars of Prayer, the Church having daily devotions going through the book... "Romancing Royalty", and who could NOT put at the top of their list the "Day of Prayer" where over 1000 people gathered at the church and spent the entire day in worship and prayer. Truly an amazing day that I will never forget and in my opinion the greatest day of my Christian Life.

And a close second would be the Beach Baptisms where over 200 people were baptized into Christ. There is a video we showed regarding the beach baptisms on October 30th, 2006. (Just go to that date on our blog and you can view the video.)

Next would be our two new Church plants, Chris Stevens at "Come as you are Church" and our grand opening of our Westside Campus. http://www.mywestsidechurch.com/

And I was told tonight that during 2006, we've had 654 Baptisms, which is another banner year for us. Looking back we have had a remarkable year and I just want to thank the LORD GOD for His blessing and I want to thank EACH of YOU for your willingness to be used of God.

One of the pictures above are of the four pillars that are standing tall in the foyer of our church and the other picture was a creation and gift of my dear friend Bob Hastings. Bob works for Salem Communications, does some sales work for KKLA and his wife is the Administrative Assistant for Lloyd Ogilvie. Bob took this picture at our "Beach Baptism" day and then super imposed the "Declaration of Satan" that we used in a sermon recently. Mr. Hastings is always trying to encourage me in one way or another and this picture actually sent chills up my spine.

Bob, Thank You for your gift that will always help remind me of what an incredible year we've had here at Shepherd. Every year I say the same thing that I'm about to say right now. "I can't imagine how next year can be as good as this past year has been." And yet EVERY YEAR Gods blessings go BEYOND my imaginations.

Looking forward to sharing with you the Plans for 2007 on the weekend of the 7th.

2 comments:

paul said...

HEY PASTOR DUDLEY,IM NOT A MEMBER OF YOUR CHURCH. BUT I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU FOR PREACHING WITH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.ALL YOUR SERMONS HAD BEEN A BIG BLESSING ON MY CHRISTIAN LIFE.AND I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I PRAY FOR YOU.AND IM SURE THE GOD OF ISRAEL WILL CONTINUE USING YOU IN THE NEW YEAR.MY FAVORITE SERMON IS ,:MY LAST SERMON TO THIS CHURCH"
I LOVE IT BECAUSE NOT A LOT OF PASTOR REALLY SPEAK TO THEIR CONGREGRATION HOW THEY REALLY FEEL ABOUT THEM.ALWAYS YOUR BROTHER IN CHRIST PAUL.

Cynthia said...

Dear Pastor Rutherford

Looking back on 2006, please know that this particular letter is a fan letter, but not the typical kind because this is a fan letter to God. For without Him, you would not have been able to give us such powerful tools to witness to others about His love, or bring the 654 people this year to Jesus.

I am thankful to Him that in early March you preached a sermon "Prayer Is Asking." I can't tell you how many people ask me about many of the questions you addressed in that sermon. I bought the CD and have probably given out 20 copies of it to people and I always keep a copy in my briefcase and car just in case the Lord moves me to pass it on.

I cannot tell you how people are always MOVED by this sermon and come and talk with me afterwards at great length about the message.

I think the one of the most powerful statements you made was on Christmas Eve about the difference between Religion and Christianity. Religion is Man trying to reach God but Christianity is God trying to reach Man. And I thank God He has you as an instrument to reach man, spreading the joy and wonder and power of His love. I went home and e-mailed several people with that message. Simple, succinct and powerful.

In a recent sermon, you spoke about how writing to George Clooney doesn't necessarily make you a friend, but instead more like a fan if you don't know him personally. I don't know you personally, but I do feel I have a close relationship with God, and I am a tried and true fan of His.

I have been coming to Shepard of The Hills for 17 years, since it was in the Mason Park gym and Jess Moody was pastor. My daughter was only two then, and in fact, one of your deacons, who I think is 92 now, was at the church and still is. Then the church was finished and you replaced Pastor Moody. My daughter even went to Hillcrest for a year with yours. God has truly reached through to you, and for whatever reason, each year, and especially this one, your messages have gotten better and better and better.

But you don't know me, and you don't need to know me. I only wanted you to know that I am one of those people who hopefully doesn't lose the messages you give in 72 hours or less, and to let you know how appreciative I am to the Lord that he can reach you so you can reach out to others for Him so that they may enjoy his blessings and understand Him in their own lives.

I thank Him and I thank you for everything, and I pray that He will continue to help you touch the community, the church, your family and all of us with bountifulness and blessings in the new year just as he has in 2006.

God Bless you and yours always,

Cynthia Lieberman
liebermanc@aol.com