Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SIMON COWELL, PAULA ABDUL and RANDY JACKSON


Yes... we had Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson as guest host for Shepherd Idol. If you were present then you know that Pastor Bodacious Tim Winters edged out Michael North to become Shepherds Idol 2006. (I can't believe I just wrote that). But everyone who attended the volunteer appreciation banquet had a great time watching the staff make fun of themselves. A BIG thanks to Steve and Kim Tarlton and Danny Furikawa for ALL of the editing and work done putting the show together. I also want to thank Shawn Parr for being the M.C. and I'm still amazed at how BAD some of our staff can sing. I am proud of the staff for humiliating themselves in front of the world. But it proves the point that we would do ANYTHING to show our appreciation for all of those who serve in all the various ministries here at Shepherd. I hope that each of you will continue to serve because of your love for Jesus.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Wow, Shepherd Idol - that was one of the funniest nights I've ever had. That hair on you....I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard. I attended with my 11yr old daughter who helps out July 4th events.

My daughter is ecstatic about meeting Shawn Parr - she grew up listening to KZLA and when the spotlight came on, I knew it was Shawn, but when he spoke, she knew. After things were over I introduced her to Shawn and introduced myself, though Shawn and I have meet many times before over the years of country music events.

You don't know me personally, but you would recognize me in the crowd. My daughter was baptized with Kerri and holds it dear to her heart that Dudley baptized her. I can't tell you how much our life has changed for the better since joining Shepherd back in 2000/2001.

As a current and new member of the choir, it was especially funny at Shepherd Idol to hear how bad others can sing - I always loved singing but it took me 7 years as a member to step up and join the Amen Choir. Its been a total blessing ever since.

Over the 7 years I've worked with KOK, four July 4th events, 2 Easter events, and a bunch of little things before joining the choir - all have been a great blessing and made only possible by my love and following of Jesus Christ.

Thank you for all you and your staff do to show appreciation for the volunteers and to guide us in more ways then you will ever know.

In His love and Grace
Jeannine Porter

Another Soldier For Christ said...

I have to say, this was an amazing night. Already thanking the staff, especially Steve and Daniel F. for all their amazing work on the videos, I wanted to thank you for allowing such an event to happen. It shows that you understand the need to keep the soldiers happy and by events like these, they truly feel appreciated. And through your many years of serving the Lord at Shepherd of the Hills, when you tell someone good job or give them thanks, they will hang on to that for a long time. I thank God for your servants heart and cant wait til next years Volunteer Appreciation Night!